Jan 8, 2017

2017. Plans that will fail.

Not a story, this.

Just the plain ol' me, talking to the plain old you. Maybe you're special, but I have no way of knowing that. I'll just assume you're reading and you're well, wherever you are.

2016, in review, was not that stellar a year creativity wise. I got busy with other things and I was not able to meet my writing goals and aspirations for this blog. But that's done and gone. No point in crying over spilled milk. We have 2017 on our hands and should I make promises about what I want to do with and on this blog in this year? Nah, I don't think so. Promises get broken and plans fail.

So we'll wing it. If we succeed in doing something amazing here, so be it. If we fail, then it won't matter because no one will know about it.

I finished the black card chronicles last year. There are a few other stories in the oven right now. Slow cooking in my brain pan.

I am going to edit and revise the black card story, add some chapters, flesh out the characters some more. I have some problems with the story and I need to improve it by adding and removing things from it. Once that is done, it goes on kindle and away from here. So, if you've read it, good for you, if you've not, then wait for a better version on Kindle.

Other than that, Project City is going on about 25,000 words. Yes. But that project is nowhere near completion and I need to devote some serious time to write that.

I am working on two new short stories. I swear when I was younger and I had no idea about writing, I could bang out these fuckers like it was going out of style. Now I obsess over the plot and narrative like I am some kind of pro-writer. No. I am just a hack. I have stories in my head, and I want to tell them. Just like the first story I wrote on this blog, just like the last story I'll write on this blog.

So, onwards 2017. Let's hope for more fiction and less talking.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your perseverance! Coming up with so many stories must be pretty hard. Hopefully I'll have some soon

    ReplyDelete